Sunday, April 28, 2013

Chicago International / Three Blind Mice

As I had mentioned in my earlier post, there were not a lot of modern offerings at the miniatures shows in Chicago last weekend.  I did however find a few things.


My first stop was the Three Blind Mice Show since it was closer to where I was staying.

 I got these Reac chairs from the same guy that I got my black Barcelona chairs from at the Museum of Miniatures Show here in Indianapolis back in September. Great prices!

I also found these unfinished items.  I thought the ashtrays would be good for Midcentury.  I liked the old cameras and will paint them to match a couple of vintage cameras we have in real life.  I just thought the Oscar statue was kind of amusing.  There were a few other things I was interested in, but I thought I should save my money for the big show.

Now for the international show: I really didn't buy much.  First, there weren't many modern miniatures there but the ones that were there were incredible. Unfortunately, I didn't have the funds to buy them.  Second, I was so overwhelmed by the amazing artists and their work that I was just so focussed on looking at EVERYTHING!

Here is what I did buy:

 I got this wonderful shoji lamp from Irik Goddard and this cute little bird feeder that I will probably paint orange.

I also got a few plants.  I got this bonsai tree from a Japanese vendor and the succulents and staghorn fern kit from another wonderful vendor.

Overall, it was an great show.  I think I primarily went for the experience and to talk to and meet some amazing miniaturists.  Everyone I talked to was so nice and willing to share their miniature stories. 
Very Good Show!

4 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing zour news and impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you picked up is wonderful. I'm always amazed at the detail of your miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your purchases, especially the plants.
    Bye, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a website or contact information for the person selling the reac chairs? I am looking for some as well. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete