Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sit On It!

I just wanted to show my newest 1:1 purchases.
 That's right it's a concrete hand chair! A little "unusual" I know, but I had to have it! It was just sitting there gleaming in the sunlight calling my name!  I still don't know where exactly it is going to go.  Right now, it's on my front walkway. I'm toying with the idea of painting it orange, but I will leave it au naturelle for now.
 We found this seat (along with a couple of Easter Island statues) at a concrete place when we were in Tennessee for spring break.  My husband wouldn't let me buy it because he didn't want to drive back through the mountains with the extra weight in the van.  After hauling this sucker back from southern Indiana, I don't blame him. It took three men to get it out of the van.  Can you believe we are the only ones in the neighborhood with one of these? LOL!

Anyway, the real reason I took the kids on this all day adventure is to get my husband the Easter Island statues he was admiring while we were in Tennessee.
It looks good with the tall grass and orange andirondak chairs, don't you think?

Before we drove two hours to this other concrete place, I did call to see if they had the statues. The plus side...they were all nearly half the price as the ones in Tennessee.  Happy (early) Father's Day to my husband!
I'm glad we both have a sense of humor!



8 comments:

  1. Congratulations for this fun purchase! Doesn't it give you mini ideas?
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good meditation seat to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me want to check out the doll department at Michael's and see if they have any parts in the right size for a mini hand chair. (A sculpture I am not!)

    I have to ask - is it comfortable, too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, especially the statue! I should try to sculpture one in miniature!! It is quite a challenge. By the way: I love the orange chairs, they are great! Glad to hear both of you have the same sense of humour ;)! Happy Father's Day!
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hand chair. Whoever sits there you can say, "I've got you in the palm of my hand!" ;)CM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Es de lo mas original, me encanta al igual que esa figura.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your hand chair. I think it would be wonderful in my garden ;).
    Enjoy your wonderful purchase.
    Hugs from Craftland

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! Looks fantastic. I'd love to have a cup of joe in the morning here.

    ReplyDelete